Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 27, 2007

THE PARK

Today I took my kids to the park, definetly a challenge, but worth getting them out of the house. I took them to the North Ogden Park across from the library. It is a good park for kids to play on, lots of slides, two kids swings next to each other so I don't have to run from one end of the swing set to the other. Anyhow, here are a few pictures I took to capture the fun!


This is both of the girls swinging, Tenille is on the left, Lacey on the right.

This is Tenille swinging.

This is Lacey swinging.

This is Tenille in the little tunnel.

Lacey is in the front, Tenille is in the back. Getting them in there together took a little bit of coercion.

Afterwards I took them through the drive through at McDonalds and got a 25 cent ice cream cone for the two of them, As you can tell, half of it is still in their carseats (I must wash them tomorrow!!!) This is a picture of Tenille enjoying her ice cream.

This is Lacey, she's in the sun, but believe me her face is JUST as ice creamy as Tenilles. MILK, it does a body good!!!


I made a goal to get out of the house more and socialize. I met some really nice ladies that also took their kids to the park. Sometimes I just feel isolated in my house. Brad made the suggestion that it might lighten me up a little bit if I got out of the house more with the kids and without the kids. After doing it more, I agree with him, I feel less stressed which is surprising because I have to get 3 kids ready and in the car, which is a feat in itself. While we are at the park, Dylan just takes a nice little snooze in his carseat, which is nice! I just get to play with my girls! I can't wait for fall because then the weather will be a bit cooler and it will be all the nicer to get out of the house!

Another benefit of getting Tenille and Lacey out of the house is it helps them to socialize with other kids and also helps their behavior at home. A change of scenery for anyone is always good I guess.

Today I have been doing a lot of thinking and pondering. I sat down while Tenille and Lacey were sleeping and wrote down a whole bunch of goals. It really does help the soul to sit down and better yourself once in a while.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What cute post. BTW, those 25 cent ice cream cones at McDonalds is just a Utah thing. I tried to do that here and people thought I was crazy or something!
Parks are the best. My boys' behavior is always so much better after they have been able to go outside and get all of their "wiggles" out!