Our Family

Our Family

Monday, November 19, 2007

Babysitting

So, I have a question for all the other mothers out there who are currently paying babysitters. How much should I pay? I have been paying 5 an hour, and then 4 an hour if there are 2 sitters here. I don't know if I'm overpaying or if I'm underpaying. I ask my niece Samantha how much she charges and she just says, whatever I want. I don't want to lose her because I'm a cheapskate. So, I have 3 kids under 2. I can handle it (most of the time) but wonder if a 14 year old girl can so I tell her to bring a friend, which she does most of the time. So, everyone reading, PLEASE, give me your opinion.

2 comments:

Jeff and Carrie said...

That is a great question! I think we all go through this! I pay $2 for Ryan because he is in a diaper and to a teenager that can be GROSS! Then for my other 2 I pay $1 per kid. So basically $4 hour for me. But I always order pizza for them and so I include that as part of their pay. :) So I hope this helps, I don't think there is no wrong answer.

Jamie said...

I know what you mean, it is so hard! We usually pay betwenn 4-5 dollars per hour.