Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sleep is great for kids



So, I have always been a schedule stickler.  I feel like my day goes better and my kids behave better if we do things at the same time every day.  Just after I had the twins, I was in the grocery store, and behind me there was another mother with 1 year old twin boys.  She asked me how I was doing and if I was getting any sleep at night (maybe she could tell because of the way I looked.... hehe)  Anyhow, she told me about this book.

I suggest it to anyone with kids I mean ANYONE!  It gives the example that you wouldn't let your kids go without food, or clothing, why would you let them go without the sleep that they need.  As adults, any sleep problems we may have, most likely stem from when we were children ourselves.  Anyhow, this is a must read!    My kids WANT to go to bed for naps and for bedtime, in fact, they typically run there.  So if you are dragging throughout the day and your children are acting up, you are a candidate for this book.  

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I LOVE that book! I think you had recommended it to Tiffany, and she had recommended it to me. Seriously, I wish that I had had it when Harrison was a baby. It has been a life saver with Ewan.

2-Fold said...

Thank you so much for suggesting it to me, I passed it on to my sister in law. Her two year old was going to bed at midnight, geeting up about two in the morning to go sleep with mom and dad, then waking up at noon, and she was throwing tantrums during the day. So, I finally bought her a book. Within a week she had her going down at 9:00 pm, no more sleeping with mom and dad, and waking up 9:00 am, and she is happier during the day. She even ended up suggesting the book to her friend who is pregnant and her one year old has terrible sleeping habits. My kids are happy to go to bed too!! The book just makes sense and I think that is why it's so easy. Cute new layout

Peas in a Pod said...

Thanks for the suggestion... I am an enforcer of naps. Kyleigh at 4 is just now starting to really fight naps, if she doesn't sleep she still has to have down time. If she doesn't, the rest of the day doesn't go so well. None of my friends could ever understand how my 1 year old goes to bed at 7pm and gets up at 8 am and takes a nap. Or how Ky didn't fight me on naps, or her 8pm bed time. Now I can give them a book to help them figure it out too!