Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Torticollis



So here's Dylan, this is a perfect picture of the way he holds his head. He has been diagnosed with Torticollis. It is a condition in which a childs head is tilted to one side and turned toward the opposite side. It is caused by having tight muscles on one side of the neck and weak muscles on the other side. He has Torticollis on his left side. I just went to our first physical therapy appointment and we are going to get it fixed, it will be something I need to be dilligent about if I want him to get better. I need to stretch him every time I change his diaper and massage him after his bath every night. he has a flat spot on one side of his head because he's had this since birth and I just need to make sure that everything is on his left, I tilt his bottle to the left so he has to reach to find it, I need to sleep him on his left side so that his head will round itself out, and etc.... We will get him better though. I have to take him once a week for a while, and then every other week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

2-Fold said...

My friend Karina's little girl had this. She said that she had to be very diligent in the exercises but, now she is fine and running around.