Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 21, 2008

Christmas

Christmas this year was very laid back.. I, of course got a new washer and dryer along with a new coat and new silverware. I gave Brad a new Atlas, and a VERY cool router table that my dad was kind enough to make for me! (thanks dad!!!) The funniest thing, Brad and I give each other a gag gift every year as a tradition. I gave him something that was pretty fun, and has multi purposes, a Tom and Jerry cartoon. He is constantly watching cartoons on the TV and invariably, it is Tom and Jerry. He gave me something that was so embarrassing. Have you ever seen those plastic testicles that hang down off of a car or truck hitch? Well, I hadn't until just recently. I was driving home from Brad's jobsite and I pulled over and texted him that I saw something just discusting! Anyhow, he said "I want a pair of those for Christmas." I said, "NOT ON YOUR LIFE!" So, guess what I got... Some "Bullsballs!!!" The most embarrassing thing EVER! My parents were videoing me opening this gift. He had them hidden inside of a new rice cooker. (another funny gag gift because I CAN"T cook rice!! It always turns out soupy or too dry, or mushy or sticky, not the way rice is supposed to be) Anyhow, he had me read a poem that went along with it that his sister Shanna made up. Needless to say I was very embarrassed. It goes as follows: (hopefully somebody doesn't turn me in for being crude.)
Testicles

Take one testicle that is very large. Hold with both hands. Massage gently and Nice. Add your zestiest spice. Press hard with your femur, then place in the steamer. You'll know when done because of the run. Take out and hope you enjoyed!!! (it's a good thing my kids aren't older, or else I would have been REALLY embarrassed!!! The funniest thing about it is that Brad kept asking me what it meant.



Brad's niece Jen checking out the goods.

Anyhow, that was Christmas for Brad and I. Tenille and Lacey got some toys and I learned that you only get them 1 or 2 things because they don't have the attention span to open gift after gift. So, they were done, so I just took the gifts that were unopened and am saving them for their birthday! Dylan got some clothes and a toy named Dylan the duck. It hangs from his car seat and he loves it! We had Mary and Lonnie (Brad's parents) here (they do live with us!!) My parents and Ben and Jake came over too just because they were by themselves, it was kindof the off year. Mike got to call from Russia and I got to talk to him which was a lot of fun! He seems like he's doing really well in the mission field. We had traditional Brunch Gibbs style! LIttle Smokies (we substituted Bran muffins for Cinnamon rolls) and Fruit cocktail. Christmas just isn't Christmas without brunch! The night before we had Mike and Cheryl's family (Brads Brother) over to make homemade pizzas and just visit! It was very fun and relaxing not to go anywhere, just to hang out with our little family at home!

No comments: