Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 21, 2008

RSV

All three kids just got over RSV. I noticed Tenille and Lacey getting sick on January 5th and it was just a fever, I didn't know what it was, so I absolutely hate taking my kids to the doctor unnecessarily so I decided to just turn the humidifiers on, and do all the things you should do when your kids have a fever or cold. The tylenol and ibuprofen stuff. Anyhow, then Dylan got sick, which I knew would happen because Tenille and Lacey are in a kissing phase and kiss him all the time. So, everything was going ok but I decided to call the doctor instead (she knows it's a pain for me to take them to see her so she'll usually help me over the phone) I told her Dylan was kind of weazy and she was concerned, but because that was the day that we got all of that snow, she told me to just watch him closely and if there was any break in the storm to come in to see her. We did just that and it turned out he had RSV and that we could deduce that Tenille and Lacey had the same thing. GREAT!!! So we got the booger sucker, and nebulizer for them and started giving breathing treatments and sucking out noses to get rid of the guck! It worked... I almost killed myself with 3 sick kids at home and being cooped up. Brad was gone to Cedar City. Mary was here which was a great help although. This weekend I finally got out and we went and saw the movie Juno (I love it... if you've seen it all I have to say is just one thing... "PORK SWORDS!!!!") and got a bite to eat with my honey. Well, so much for RSV, I am glad that it wasn't drug out into a long stretch, everyone got sick at once and over it at once, thank heavens! Hey, and I survived, I'm definetly not dead! I now have to break T&L from thinking they need me to hold them all the time, and need to break Dylan of waking up 3 times in the middle of the night to eat!!! AHHHH

2 comments:

Jeff and Carrie said...

I am so sorry! It is awful when kids are sick..but is is even worse when they get sick so close together. I hope they are all doing better.

Carrie

2-Fold said...

Oh Kristin,
There is nothing worse then two babies sick at the same time but all three, you are wonder women.