Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Ogden 5K results

So here we are. It is 8:37 am Saturday morning and I have successfully completed my first 5K race! I was able to finish in 41 minutes. That is not the official time, but that's the approximate time. I beat what I th ought I would do it in by 4 minutes! I didn't even imagine the amount of adrenaline I would have just by running with a few thousand excited people! The Good thing about running this first 5K is that I set a personal record that now I get to work to beat! I can't wait to do my other 5K's and my 10K this summer so that I can work on beating that time! I can't believe I haven't done it before, but am glad that I've done it now! Thanks to all my well wishers! Tiffany, I hope that you do good in the marathon! I can see myself doing a half, but a full is too much of a mental game! Good for you!
This is the picture of where I was coming from.  Ben Lomond Peak looks so majestic!
A funny in motion picture of me!  Now I can't wait to compare this 5K picture with my others to see how much weight I can lose!  WHOOPEE!
Here I am with my finish time as I cross the finish line!  It started at Timbermine restaurant and ended at Grant and 25th St.
Another pic of me after the race!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Kristin, Congratulations! I am so excited for you and for you running in your first race. I hope you caught the running 'bug'. I can't wait to hear your results and to see your progress on the next races. That is what I love about running...you are just competing with yourself. Plus, the running community is so friendly.
Your pictures made me so homesick for Utah!
We are planning on doing the Cherry Days 5k on the 4th of July, if you are interested. :)

Jeff and Carrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
You did so good, that is an awesome accomplishment! The rest of your goals are now going to be a piece of cake.
YOU GO GIRL!

Tia said...

Congrats on completing your first race! I wish we would have known you were going to be there, Kev could have found Brad and talked about old times!
Keep us updated on your next races!

2-Fold said...

Congrats on your first race. It's amazing how you can train for one race and the instant it's over you find yourself talking about the next one. Good luck with all you races.

JaLesha said...

You go girl!! (Do people still say that? lol)