Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Turmoil

So, now is the time when I must find myself back into the work force.  I have found that being mommy is much harder than anything else I have ever done.  So, my first thoughts were, 'GREAT, I get to have a break."  I have since gotten 2 first interviews and now I am onto 2 second interviews.  I have since been feeling a little trepidation about leaving my children behind, after all, who could and would care for them better than I can?  No one loves them like I do.  That's not to say that they won't get well cared for, because I'm sure they will.  It's just I have been doing this for 3 years now and I have grown to love it.  So, I have been deep in thought today since tomorrow, I have an interview with Wells Fargo, and I would be surprised it I don't get it.  So, I have to make decisions based on the fact that we need the money right now, but who will care for my kids and will it be worth it if I have to pay a full time daycare to watch them?   So, any of you mothers out there who have been in my shoes and find themselves in the workforce, please tell me how it's done... this is alien territory!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Hi Kristin. If anyone is in the workforce with 2 feet, its me. Please be reassured that going to work 5 (or however many) days a week is OK, possibly even good. It gives you time to develop the adult parts of yourself, and it will give your children the opportunity to socialize with other children and learn things that you wouldn't have thought to teach them. Studies have shown that there is no difference in the outcomes between at home kids and daycare kids. It's also up to you to decide what is best for your family. Good luck at the interviews!

Jeff and Carrie said...

I do agree with the author above. It is and always will be hard to leave your little ones, but they will adapt and teach those social skills.

A mother has many rolls and working is one of them, we just do it at different times but it is all the same no matter what.

Good luck with your interviews and you just need to do what your family needs now and it will pay off later.

I know one lady if you are looking.